Friday, May 6, 2011

a midsummer night's 24-hour play festival!



One of my theatre friends introduced me to the fundraiser for this impressive event. Playwrights will be writing 10-minute plays, then handing them off to directors, who will in turn cast the plays and get them up and running - in only twenty-four hours.
Talk about your ambitious projects!
Only a man in love with theatre could conceive of such a notion and then convince others to go along with his madness.
I can't wait for the viewing of the short plays!!!

I decided to fund this as a birthday present to myself.
It'll be a gift I share with the world! Or, at the very least, fellow Savannahians.
And in one of my favorite venues.
Woohoo!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Success! The play festival became fully funded on kickstarter on May 25, 2011. Now, to wait for June 11th and the presentation of the plays!!!