Wednesday, May 17, 2017

94 pints of life from the arteries!


I must admit, I was thinking of that song about bottles of beer on a wall when I wrote the title.
(smile)
Today, I made my usual pre-birthday blood donation at the American Red Cross.
I like to think of it as my Mothers Day gift to others.
(smile)
That makes a total of ninety-four pints donated to help three strangers...
making a grand sum of two hundred eighty-two people who have received my plasma, red blood cells, and platelets.
Of course, that doesn't include donations I've made to other organizations, such as LifeSouth.



I have donated at their blood drives at least three times.
The above T-shirt was granted to me for my blood gift at the 2009 Dragon*Con.
See the pint of blood in the wizard's left hand?
Pretty cool, isn't it?
My BFF and her husband also donated at that drive.
That was definitely cool!

What's my point?
Give blood.
You never know whose life you may save.

No comments: