Thursday, March 8, 2018

from one woman to another


I've been waiting for this day!
Happy International
Women's Day, y'all!
To celebrate,
I clicked the link
over at Kiva.org.
Today, thanks to the generosity
of several corporate donors,
my funding will go twice as far!

There were so many women
awaiting loans to be funded!
How to choose which to help?
By location?
By type of work being done?
By amount of money needed for their dream?
I selected "by amount still needed"
and found this woman, whose dream needed
exactly the amount I could supply.
Tupu of Samoa will now have
her dream become reality, thanks to
the 28 people who believed in it.
Now, thanks to Tupu of Samoa,
those around her will also benefit
from her acquisition of the taro roots and
banana tubes for her farm.

I know Mama and Grandmama would approve.
i thank You, God, for the search that led me to this woman.

3 comments:

Kiva said...


We did it!

Faustina, we have some truly inspiring news.

Thanks to lenders like you, this community came together to invest in the dreams of 13,251 women this International Women's Day – soaring past our (ambitious) goal of 10,000!

faustina said...

I am so impressed with Tupu!
As of this morning, she has already repaid 20% of the funds I had loaned to her!
What an inspiration she must be to all who know her!
https://www.kiva.org/lend/1470218?utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=repayment_email_2017

that F-grrl said...

Feb 17, 2019

Tupu has completely repaid her loan!
That means, on International Women's Day of 2019, I'll be able to take that money and help another woman's dream come true, for the betterment of not only her life, but of the lives of those around her.
Thank you, Tupu.