Sunday, August 22, 2021

bani pentru Ion

Today marks my ninth anniversary of being a Nerdfighter of Kiva.

This year has marked the twelfth year since my father died.

Daddy loved to grow tomatoes, delighting in finding new varieties to try each summer.

Ion, of Moldova, also enjoys growing tomatoes.

He is a 53-year-old farmer and father of two in Moldova, a country lodged between Romaine and Ukraine.

His name is also a word in chemistry, which is also a draw for me.

I was in the right place, at the right time!

(smile!)

I was further blessed that my account at Kiva had a balance of $26.08, from repayments from those to whom I have lent money.

Perfect!

That was exactly the amount needed to help Ion purchase a car to transport those precious tomatoes to market, plus grant a small donation toward the administrative costs for the website serving as middleman.

Perfect!

Happy anniversary to me and to them!

4 comments:

faustina said...

LOL!
Ion seems to be a very common name in Moldova, as there were three others also seeking loans through Kiva.
At first, I was concerned that it might have been a scam, like the kickstarter problem a few years back.
https://filmloversinscenicsavannah.blogspot.com/2014/11/kickstarter-abusers-beware.html

No, no worries of that.
Ion must be like 'John' or 'Jon' in that country.
That's a very popular name in many countries it seems!
(smile)

kiva said...


Ion in Moldova
$1.39 repaid this month
Paying back:
6% repaid ($1.39 of $25.00)

faustina said...

A year after his loan, Ion is steadily paying back - good job!
He's 2/3 of the way done!!!
Woohoo!

faustina said...

Ion is 100% repaid!!!
Good for him... I am so proud of him.

Now, to find a new loan to fund with those monies repaid to me!