Sunday, May 15, 2022

birthday money off to vanuatu and indonesia

I had checked into kiva.org to find an entrepreneur to help finance.
Specifically, I wanted to add another country, and perhaps even another type of business, to my portfolio with the Nerdfighters.
(I do so enjoy fighting the dark side in the world!)
I ended up finding two to help, through a financing glitch.
You see, by the time my loan was processed by Kiva for the first person, that loan had already been fully funded... so they only allowed me to send $15 instead of the usual $25.
Odd, that had never happened before!
As I had $40 in credit, built up by the repayments of several to whom I'd lent money, then I couldn't resist going for a second new loan.
I guess that works in favor of me, the two businesses, and kiva.
(smile!)
Sylvette was the first one I had selected.
Mostly it was due to her name, which was similar to Mama's.
Partly, though, it was also because of her location (Vanuatu, a new country for me) and her type of business (rental homes, a new business type for me).
She's 59 years old and this is her fifth loan -
her fifth! - and she has been industrious about paying off the previous four.
Now, she's ready to add another rental, so she's applied for this new loan.
What an industrious woman!
I know her two children are very proud of her, and I know her husband is, too.
I had tried to provide her $25, but, like I said, her loan was fully funded by the time my bid to help was processed.
 
That meant I still had funds to help Cucu.
Get this: she's of a similar age to Sylvette!
Actually, they're both of a similar age to me, aren't they?
There is one major difference, though.
Cucu Kurniasih is a 57 year old widow, making her the sole support for her household.
Like Sylvette, the money she earns from her laundry business in Indonesia will be used to support her children and their education.
Hey, I'm always in favor of more knowledge!
I realize that I've supported laundries before, but... 
I've not sent funds for one in Indonesia yet.
Well, not until today!
What a blessing to be able to help both mothers as they strive for a better tomorrow for their children!
What a wonderful bday64 gift for me!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Wow...
Cucu Kurniasih has completely repaid her loan!!!
100%!!!
I am so proud of her!

And Sylvette has repaid 81% of the loan I made to her!
I am proud of her, too!!

Now, to send their monies back into the world to help others on Kiva.