Sunday, June 25, 2023

another church roof


This time, it isn't at the sister church, it's here at Asbury Memorial Church.
Rather than a low country boil, a different technique has been devised.
The members of the congregation are being asked to pledge by choosing a date on a calendar that holds importance to them, then to pay based on that date's corresponding placement within a calendar year.
Let me explain.
I chose May 17th.
That date happens to be the 137th day of the year, so I wrote a check for that amount this morning and dropped it off with Claudette.
What did I choose that date?
It certainly doesn't mark the birthday or anniversary of anyone in my family, nor does it mark a special day for my friends.
However, Joan Hester Byrd would have been 94 on that date.
I do miss that songbird.

No comments: