Thursday, April 11, 2024

tithing back to the festival


Why am I donating back and how did I come up with the amount I gave?
Maybe first things first, n'est-ce pas?
This is the 15th day of the Savannah Music Festival, which is in its 35th year.
There's a fundraiser that's been going since the first day this time around.
It's called "$17,000 in 17 Days", giving it a kinda sorta Jules Verne flair.
(smile!)
So, how does that fundraiser operate?
One of the donors is matching all donated funds during the course of the festival - i.e. during the 17 days of scheduled concerts - and that money will go toward various programs for students and music education.
I decided a few days ago to donate, but only had a QR code to use.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, nope!
My phone doesn't speak squiggly lines in a square.
I had even gone to the website, to no avail... until today!
Hooray!
(smile!)
Somehow, though the $35 I'd intended to donate to the cause didn't feel right.
Then I realized something: today I volunteered at my tenth concert of this SMF.
Tenth, did I say?
That's a nice, familiar fraction for me.
So, I added up the money it would have cost for me to have attended the eleven shows for which I am volunteering.
In other words, that's what I was essentially "paid" as a volunteer.
Then I tithed back ten percent: $41.20.
(smile!)
That felt wonderful!
Here's the link, for those inspired to give music to others!

1 comment:

Kat Clark said...

Dear Faustina,

On behalf of the entire Savannah Music Festival team, I want to thank you for your contribution of $42.54 to Savannah Music Festival’s “$17k in 17 Days” campaign, which we received on 04/11/2024.

I am pleased to share that, between the contributions from our match sponsors and music lovers like you, the campaign raised $47,969 to support unforgettable live music performances by world-class musicians, enriching music education programs, and meaningful community engagement events.

Thank you again for participating in the campaign! We are grateful to you for your support of the work that we do here at Savannah Music Festival.

If you have any questions about your contribution, please get in touch with the development department at 912.234.3378 x106 or development@savannahmusicfestival.org.

With gratitude,

Kat Clark
Development Manager

P.S. Don't forget to mark your calendar for next year’s festival, March 27 – April 12, 2025!