"Dearest, you have no sisters, only brothers."
That's true for the family I was born into. However, I am also part of a family that I have chosen at Asbury Memorial Church. We call ourselves Sisters-In-Faith and those are the ones to which I refer in the post title.
"Oh, yes, I'm familiar with them. You've been hanging out with them for several months now, haven't you?"
That I have! And I had so looked forward to the luncheon this month with them! Linda had arranged for us to meet downtown at The Pirate's House for their midday feast. That would be followed up with a trolley tour. All we needed were 40 people who would pony up $50 each. I made sure to pay my money in March! That would be part of my bday68 gift to myself, right? Absolutely!!!
"I remember how excited you were about it. You were going in memory of those times years ago when you and Mama would 'play tourist' when you came home on leave. Those were such good times!"They were, and I had looked forward to making memories with these sisters. Then I ended up at the hospital and could not get out in time. That was so frustrating that I cried several times.
"I know." (gently pats hand)
Thanks. Anyway, Linda has said she would try to get the money back for me, but I doubt she will be allowed to do so. Therefore, I have made a decision. After all, I had ponied up the funds in order to help us book the luncheon and tour. That is to say, I had spent that money to help us ALL to have that special occasion. So, I'm going to count it as a donation to this new group that I think of as family, as sisters. Happy birthday, my dears, from me to you.
"What a lovely sentiment! Good for you!"
Thanks. (smile!)

No comments:
Post a Comment