Monday, January 6, 2014

the scots went to the fringe of scotland!


The Scots
of Highland Park High School
in Kansas
are back
from their trip to Scotland!
Actually, they've been back
since the end of the festival
in August of 2012.
The students all had a wonderful time, as evidenced in this "Thank You" video.
I was sure they would!
I know firsthand how rewarding it is to travel to a new place and have strangers appreciate your work.

It is especially rewarding
when that play is
an original,
a piece
never
before
enacted.
Pretty heady stuff, indeed!

Such excitement to have
your work
included on a display
for the whole world to see!!!
Well,
the part of the world
there in Scotland
for the Fringe Festival!!!
Such a thrilling adventure!


However, there is a responsibility which has not yet been met.
The "Rewards Survey" was sent to me in June of 2013. I responded quickly, knowing how precious those summer days are to teachers. The creator of the kickstarter project, Scott Kickhaefer, is a teacher in the Fine Arts department at the Scots' high school in Kansas.
I'm a teacher, too, here in Savannah.
And I have patiently waited for the reply to that survey.
As a supporter at the level I selected, I was to have received a video of their performance at the theatre festival. I also was to receive a note and an autographed company picture.
I have received nothing, as of this date.

Today, I sent another message to the creator.
I do hope he will soon respond.

No comments: