Saturday, November 26, 2016

helping a future eagle scout



My blue-sky Penny's eldest son is working on his project to become an Eagle Scout.
To achieve that highest award, he must plan, organize, lead, and manage an extensive service project that will benefit the community in which he lives.
He has chosen a site which holds Scouting memories for him, Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State Park, as the locale for his good deed.
The site lacks an information kiosk, as well as signage along its two hiking trails.
His goal is to construct and place all signs and the kiosk.
Materials cost money, though, far more than a high-school teenager can supply.
That's where I come in.
The call has gone out for assistance and I am heeding the request.
Go, Jacob, go!
I'll look forward to your Eagle Scout ceremony!

2 comments:

faustina said...

Jacob sent me a "Thank you" letter!!!
In it, he said:
"Your gift will really help me reach my goal to purchase all of my supplies for my Eagle project.
I will keep you posted after the project is complete. You were very generous and I really appreciate your gift."

Very nice!

faustina said...

Hooray! Jacob's project was a success and he has been awarded the status of Eagle Scout!
The ceremony will be at Thanksgiving and I've been invited! Off to Tallahassee for 2017!