Friday, November 4, 2016

star's trek to broadway!



Wow... tonight, I invested once more into George Takei's "Allegiance".
Sadly, I was not able to make it to New York City to see the play during its 111-performance run.
Fortunately, one night's performance was filmed at the Longacre Theatre!
Sadly, there are no plans yet to release the film to dvd.
Fortunately, Fathom Events is bringing the filmed play to Savannah!
Sadly, I stay fairly well booked up at this time of year.
Fortunately, I had left my schedule pretty open, as I knew I would be recovering from carpal tunnel repair.
Even more fortunately...the event is scheduled for a Tuesday!!! That will be Tuesday, December 13, at 7:30 PM.
I know exactly who I'll be going with!
Kevin, of course.
I've just purchased the two tickets for us, at $19.26 each.
That's about quadruple what we would normally pay per ticket for our Tuesday outings...
but I know it will be a much more memorable experience.
Not only will we see the musical, but there will also be interviews with the cast as well as behind the scenes footage, as those are staples of the Fathom Events.
I've even taken the time (at last!) to view the videoblog, "Trek To Broadway". The nine episodes had been completed in time for Christmas last year...but my time had been booked solid, between holiday revelry and planning for a full-time semester at a new school.
Curious about the nine episodes?
Here they are, with their titles and my interpretations of the contents, in terms of the science fiction world that Takei is best known for inhabiting.

Episode 1: God I Hope I Get It
In search of a theatre to call home.

Episode 2: All We Need Is The Girl
In search of a backup star (songstress).

Episode 3: Art Isn't Easy
In search of an iconic image.

Episode 4: Te Point Of No Return
In search of a new path through the fog.

Episode 5: Moving Too Fast
In search of the right stuff.

Episode 6: You Could Drive A Person Crazy
In search of perfect tech.

Episode 7: Put On A Happy Face
In search of audience tweaks.

Episode 8: Magic To Do
In search of a finale that sings.

Episode 9: Ishi Kara Ishi
In search for connection no more.

My many thanks to George Takei for sharing that journey!
I applaud him, and his entire group, for the tremendous effort put forth in this work.
I believe the 78-year-old veteran actor, of television, film, and (at last!) the Broadway stage, has certainly blessed the world with this legacy of forgiveness and love.

i thank You, God, that it will be soon shared with me!
And that the event will be close to Mama's birthday.
I had not realized until now that he is the same age my mother would have been, were she still living.

No comments: