Saturday, July 8, 2017

planetariums and more!



Yesterday, I again joined the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach.
That's my my home away from home, you know.

The photo above is of the Great Blue Heron sculpture in the Sensory Garden, part of the Tuscawilla Preserve. Fashioned of driftwood, the sculpture's lovely angles allow quiet contemplation as I sit on one of the wooden benches near it.
The Planetarium is one of my favorite places. So many shows offered during the day! And guess what? They're all free with membership, so they can be enjoyed over and over, from "The Sky Tonight" to the many laser-light music shows.
I also enjoy going to the Children's Museum, with all of its hands-on science activities! That reminds me of the Savannah Science Museum, now long-gone, at which I volunteered during my senior year of high school. Such fond memories! MOAS offers special weekly programs so local and visiting youth will have plenty of fond memories of their own.
This latest visit was my first to the Root Family Museum. Why has it taken me so long to explore that part? Well, I generally try to go to the traveling exhibits, to be sure I don't miss those. The RFM is static, so... I could visit it any time... which, of course, meant I could put it off... which I did. Trust me, save a couple of hours to thoroughly enjoy the many different facets it contains, from racecars and trains to glass bottles and bears to soda fountains and quilts!

Sound like something you and your family would enjoy?
It can all be yours!
Just click here.
Your kids and parents will thank you!
(smile!)

No comments: