Friday, February 16, 2018

speed bump for my invention

Exactly one month ago, I had submitted the initial paperwork to Montgomery Patent & Design to go forward with the application for the Utility Patent for my invention.
Then, I had received a letter that shook me deeply.
The US Trade & Patent Office required that Bob Montgomery, the man behind For Sale By Inventor as well as Montgomerty IP Associates, separate himself from my patent application.
Oh, no! What did that mean???
Did I need to start this process anew and with a stranger at the helm?
Gratefully, that was not the case.
His assistant, Aaron Cramer, would be forming Cramer Patent & Design and I would simply be transferred to him and his firm.
As Mr. Cramer has been the one I've been working with for much of this process, then I should see no changes in progress of my application.
A new letterhead would be the most marked difference in operation.
What a relief!
And progress marches onward!
I do hope students will soon be able to have this educational tool at hand!

No comments: