Thursday, April 25, 2019

bobby bumps still making progress!

I checked my email and guess what was waiting for me?
This update on that cartoon project I had funded in memory of Sam Johnson!!!
I hope it will be completed by his birthday this year.
That would be so very cool!
(smile)

*-*-*-*-*

Update #14 from Historic Bobby Bumps Cartoons on Blu-Ray and DVD
Apr 24, 2019 • 8:31PM PDT
Good news!

Dear Backers,

Time for a *good* April update!

If you can believe it, the Bumps Blu-ray has gone through five (5) drafts before I was able to approve it. I wanted to make sure all the films looked as good as they possibly can, and that presentation and functionality of the program and of the disc would be in its best form. I'm happy to say that I approved the 5th draft from Thunderbean just last night, and today I sent it via express mail to the disc replicators.

Blu-rays take a little bit longer (a matter of a few extra days—say a total of 8 to 10 business days) to make into a glass master and then replicate than DVDs do (under a week). While the replicator gets started on the Blu-ray version, our friends at Thunderbean will be finalizing the DVD version, based on the latest Blu draft, and will forward that version to the replicator once it's finished. I'm hoping the replicator will have all the stock made up and back en route to me in about 10 business days from now—barring any unforeseen delays on their end, or with having the DVD version delivered to them directly by Thunderbean.

Either way, the replicator has been paid in advance, and that means they will happily QC-for-glass-mastering and burn the new stock as soon as soon as the respective versions reach their headquarters.

All this being said, it looks like May will be the month that everyone finally starts getting their Bobby Bumps. As I've said before, out of fairness, our older Kickstarter backers will be sent their copies first, as my schedule allows, and then it will be you Indiegogo backers who will start receiving them.

Please make sure all of your mailing addresses are fully up to date here on IGG!

Will report back again once the inventory is actually in hand...

As always, thanks a million for your continued patience throughout this lengthy process.

Sincerely Yours,

Tommy Stathes

No comments: