Wednesday, March 23, 2022

in need of patience

In need of a balm for my aching soul, with a dancing heart that has lost its ability to keep a steady rhythm, tonight I wandered into Kiva... and found Patience.
Right place, right time.
How was I assured that my travel there was no accident?
There was actually money in my account, ready to be lent again.
Plus, there was the name of the country, hinting at freedom from care.
And, the woman sells fruits and vegetables - to help keep others healthy.
Definitely right place, right time!
i thank You, God.

Here is the story, from Patience herself, via a translator:
"Meet 40 years old Patience, from Liberia, seller of fruits and vegetables.

She is a widow with 4 children, they are schooling and live at home.

She is a hardworking business woman who sells. She sells palm nuts, potatoes, cassava, plantain, garie and other items. Her mother taught her how to sell and she started these businesses with her own savings.

She uses car to transport supplies to her business site. She sells Monday through Saturday, from 7:30 am up to 6:30 pm. She faces no problems with her business.

She requires for a loan through BRAC Liberia and Kiva Field Partner. The loan will be used to buy more palm nuts, potatoes, cassava, plantain, garie and other items to sell in order to further build her business and increase her income.

In the future, She wants to educate her children.

She says thanks to all lenders around the world.
"

My thanks to her for helping to soothe my heart, as well as bringing me fond thoughts of my first niece, just a year younger than Patience.
I hope her loan will be successful and her children grow to be educated leaders like her.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Wow...
Patience has completely repaid her loan, 100%!
What a fine example she has set for her children.
I am so proud of her!

Now, to repay her dedication by lending that money to another on Kiva.