Tuesday, March 8, 2022

standing with helen on this!


Hey, did you know today was International Women's Day?
I certainly did not, as none of the 'mercials on tv even whispered of it.
Shame on them!
So I'm very glad my Alpha Chi Sigma brother sent out an email about this special day.
Here it is, for your perusal.
 
*****
"Dear Brother,
Happy International Women’s Day!
This year’s theme for International Women’s Day is “Breaking the Bias.”
Alpha Chi Sigma is proud to be ahead of the curve by “breaking the bias” more than 50 years ago when we initiated the first women into our bond. We are so proud of the fact that nearly 50% of our current collegiate membership is made up of young women, seeking a career in science.
Since 1971, we’ve seen women rise in our ranks, hold offices in our local chapters, as well as on the National level. I’m proud to belong to Alpha Chi Sigma. I am also proud to be among many other women who have served as Grand Master Alchemist and those who are members of the Order of Altotus.
I invite you to join me in celebrating and supporting the women in our Brotherhood with a gift to Alpha Chi Sigma.
Yours in the Double Bond,
Helen M.M. Webster, Alpha Rho ’94
Grand Vizier
*****
And just what sum would be most fitting to mark the date?
$19.71, naturally!
Little things build into big ones!
(smile!)

No comments: