Tuesday, December 13, 2011

dollops and pinches, oh my!



I arrived home and the cookbooks were here!!!
WOW! Most impressive! I do have them in time for Christmas!

Her inscription in my cookbook reads:
To Faustina -
the only you in the world -
Dea

Isn't that lovely?
As is her handwriting, too
- very nice cursive.

The cookbooks are fabulous! Full of recipes, sure, but also stories about the recipes, and suggested menus for "special events". Oh, like anniversaries and birthdays and such? Oh, my, no!!! We're looking at "A Night in Paris", "Tastings of the Titanic", "St. Paddy's Night". Sure, there's a "Sweetheart Dinner" and that could be for an anniversary...but a menu for those occasions when you might be on a sinking ship? You won't find that anywhere else!
I'm serious about that menu for the Titanic diners. Dea Irby traditionally serves that dinner in April, near the 14th, to commemorate that sad day in shipping history.
Definitely different!
If your appetite is whetted, you can have your own copy of the book, here.
Bon appetit, mon freres!

4 comments:

faustina said...

fliss on December 12, 2011

Woohoo!!!! I came home and the package was here!!! I just love the books and do so appreciate the lovely inscriptions. I know my cousin is going to be SO pleased! I just might have to keep the ajvar for myself, though... looks yummy!

ps. I have the tea towel in my kitchen and the thank-you note with my Christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

Creator Dea Irby on December 12, 2011

Yeah, thanks for letting me know, Faustina. Enjoy! Dea

faustina said...

fliss
Feb 1, 2012

I have so enjoyed reading your book! I always like to know the backstory and your book is quite entertaining! My cousin has enjoyed the book, too - I can't wait to taste what she makes!
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Dea Irby
Feb 2, 2012

Why thank you so much for your comments. I am so blessed to know that you are entertained! And, glad to hear your cousin is enjoying the book, also. I'm going to a second printing soon.