Thursday, March 19, 2015

astrological android of cancer in the ocean room!



What a perfect image, right? The Android of Cancer, with its rich reds and golds and silvers, in a frame with a beautiful mottled coloration seemingly made for that artwork - perfect, right?
Almost.
I still need a piece of glass or plexiglass to protect the art.
But no need to let it languish in a box, unadored, undisplayed, unacknowledged.
"The Android's Astrological Companion" has not yet arrived, but will soon. While we wait, though, Cody Vrosh wanted to make sure his kickstarter backers didn't sit still twiddling their thumbs in anticipation.
Oh, no!
So, he tasked the fifty-eight of us who were receiving the single 11" x 14" prints to choose the one we most wanted.
The one most wanted.
But I liked five of them!!!
I wanted "Gemini" because that's my astrological sign. His take on them had a decidedly Cthulhu flavor, which was pretty cool, too.
I wanted "Libra" because of the fabulous watertones used in the backsplash - perfect for my Ocean Room! The tiny robots were so cute!
I wanted "Sagittarius" in memory of Mama, whose money helped me land me on my path as Fliss of Kickstarter. Plus, the Cthulhu touch, once more.
I wanted "Virgo" for the unicorn, mostly, but that mohawk maiden added a strong female figure that appealed to me.
But in the end, the strong female that stole my heart was the punk rocker in "Cancer". Oh, yeah! The fact that she had crabs didn't bother me at all!
(smile!)
Cody, if you ever happen to read this and want to send me some more, I'm certainly willing, and most appreciative, of the opportunity to take care of them for you.
Most appreciative!
(smile!)

No comments: