Sunday, March 1, 2015

kickstarter wall in the ocean


As you know, I have several pieces of art which I have been granted as rewards for being a kickstarter backer.
They had been scattered about in my house or tucked away safely, waiting for me to decide what to do with them.
Well, last year, when I was catching up on recording the projects in this blog, I decided to dedicate one wall in my Ocean Room to my "fliss" rewards.
That probably followed from my thinking of myself as Fliss of Kickstarter.
After all, if I was going to have the moniker as part of my LinkedIn identity, then I needed to give that persona some acknowledgement in my house. Right?
I thought it only appropriate.
So, my Ocean Room now contains my Kickstarter Wall, an homage to the talent and creativity of the many artists I have supported for these past three years.
For some, the artwork is a piece created directly for the kickstarter project, as the basis of the project or as a reward.
For others, the brag bit will be a simple thing.
A bumper sticker.
A bookmark.
A patch.
A postcard.
A sticker.
A logo.
Another postcard.
Another logo.
A thank-you card.
Another postcard.
A bee, just for me.
A coaster.
A thank-you note.
A thank-you photo with butterfly.
A gawsy postcard.
A cast-autographed thank-you note.
A postcard from a legend.
An invitation to a bus stop.

This is a work in progress, obviously.
To be continued is my intention.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Just a little background about my Ocean Room's origin:

https://beachoffaustina.blogspot.com/2009/10/sea-change.html