Sunday, March 5, 2017

joining forces with the mighty 8th


I've recently joined a new meetup group, this one consisting of folks near my own age.
Born in the 50's and 60's is its name and diversity of events is its game!
(smile)
Today, we explored the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force in Pooler.
If you want to go, that's the only location in the United States.
There are others around the world, but little ol' Pooler (where it's cooler!) has the only one on this soil.
Well worth the trip, I assure you!


Here I am in the Memorial Garden, pointing to my stepdad's brick.
(My friend Jackie is to the side of the wall; I'm in the blue shirt.)
In his honor, and in celebration of my upcoming 59-for-the-first-time birthday, I joined the museum today.
Long may it continue!
See you again soon, Frank!
(smile)

No comments: