Wednesday, March 1, 2017

supporting the arts!


I am, again, renewing my membership for the Telfair Museum family.
Really and truly, I'm doing so because I so love the Jepson Center - so light and airy!
And those marvelous, wide, marble steps to the upper floors - grandiose!
Plus, I do so enjoy hanging out with The Bird Girl!
That's not to say I don't also enjoy the Telfair Academy of Arts & Sciences, of course.
I've been visiting it since I was a girl!
I especially am fond of the statuary out front.
As for the Owens-Thomas House, I don't go there often, mostly because the exhibits there are fairly static.
But when company comes to town, that classic place is definitely on the list!
The best part of all?
My membership gets me admitted to all three!
Plus, I receive several passes for friends, so they can enjoy all of it, too.
Not that one would necessarily require a pass to gain free entry to all available inside those doors.
Au contraire, mon frere!
Once a month, for the Free Family Days, the doors are opened for all comers to enjoy the new exhibits and old favorites, learn new crafts and hear new tunes, play high-tech games or low-tech style.
What a boon to the Hostess City of the South...
and my little membership helps make that happen.
(smile)

No comments: