Friday, March 8, 2019

helping a mom

For this International Women's Day, I decided to take a little different approach.
I've been doing a lot of helping people with educational costs.
I've also helped quite a few with enhancing goods for sale to others.
Most of my loans have gone to Central America or South America.
This loan did not check any of the above boxes.
Instead, I helped a Tajik mother help her son.

Her name is Sharofat and she is 56 years old.
She and her family live in Tajikistan.
One of her two sons has obtained work as a
handyman in the Russian Federation.
Her request was for $325 to purchase the
ticket for him to go to the job location.
All she lacked, at the time that I saw her
plea tonight, was a mere fifty dollars.
My $25 pledge, matched by a generous anonymous
donor today, helped satisfy her loan.

I know Mama would have approved.
She was always trying to help my brothers, and myself, to have a better life and a brighter future.

i thank You, God, that I had this opportunity to help someone else's Mama.

2 comments:

kiva said...

3/9/2019 6:30 PM
To Faustina

Faustina, thank you for joining the movement to change lives this International Women's Day.
Here's something to celebrate: thanks to lenders like you, this community made a huge impact by funding the loans of more than 11,500 women on Kiva!
That's more than $5 million in loans invested in women entrepreneurs just this week! Together we soared past our ambitious goal of funding 10,000 loans to women, and we hope you're as proud and inspired as we are.
Thank you, Faustina, and congratulations on the impact you're making.

Best wishes,
The Kiva team

P.S. Don't forget that you can always support women borrowers on Kiva, and keep the spirit of International Women's Day going.

faustina said...

She has totally repaid her loan already!
Good for her... and good for her son, too.