Wednesday, September 21, 2022

more fuel for the wiki fire


It's that time of year, when so many charities are having fundraisers, trying to end the year more to the black than the red.
One of my favorite websites is one of those hands reaching out to me.
I gladly reached back to them.
Wikipedia and Wiktionary have been such a help to me.
How could I refuse when the free, and ad-free, sites ask so little in return?
Apparently, many do refuse.
By their own admission, I am part of the 2% who respond with help.
Please, to any and all who read this post, take a moment to keep the fires burning bright.
Thanks!

1 comment:

Maryana Islander said...

Dear Faustina,

Thank you so much for the one-time gift of USD $26.00 to support Wikipedia and a world where knowledge is free for everyone.

Every single donation helps us to improve people’s access to accurate and reliable information, especially in a rapidly changing world. I’m truly grateful for your support in enabling billions of people to experience the gift of knowledge through Wikipedia.

We are determined to extend this access as far as possible to make sure that no matter where you are born or where you live, the ability to access free knowledge is always within your reach. I hope you will continue to support us in building a future where Wikipedia exists everywhere, with people across the world contributing to the sum of all knowledge.

Thank you again for supporting this remarkable mission; it is a privilege for me to be part of the largest collaborative project in human history. Wikipedia will always belong to you.

With gratitude,
Maryana

Maryana Iskander
CEO, Wikimedia Foundation