Friday, September 30, 2022

well, if they're gonna triple my donation...

I don't know why today is so special, but it must be.
Kiva.com is TRIPLING loan amounts made on this last Friday of September.
Maybe it has something to do with the end of a quarter?
I really can only conjecture at this point.
I stumbled upon the fundraiser completely by accident.
As I was reading some of my posts on another blog, one had a link to an article that I'd written about a recent Kiva loan I made to El Salvador.
When I followed the link to the lending website, I was greeted with a banner across the top:
"3X loan matching today"
I had bookmarked it, to jog my memory later.
Well, later is now.
(smile!)

In keeping with my goal to lend to new countries, I selected the Rosa Marita Group in Paraguay.
Here's a little more about them.
"The group called Rosa Mistica was formed joining friends and neighbors in the city of Curuguaty. They are looking for a way to improve their quality of living and that of their loved ones. It is a united group where everyone has set a goal of being able to grow and doing this get ahead.
Nilda Ignacia is one of them. She is married and the mother of three children. She comments that she and her husband strive to get ahead with their children and make them good people who don't lack for what they need.
She earns a living selling natural remedies. She mentions that her work is modest but it allows her to contribute to the household income.
She is requesting this loan to buy natural remedies to sell and in doing so continue with her sales as she has been doing.
In this group: Martha Beatriz, Carmen Rosio, Porfiria, Nilda Ignacia, Dilma, Licia, Marta Emilia, Maria Teresa, Clotilde, Paola, Liz Fabiola, Angelina, Perla
"
(smile!)
 
I'm not sure, but this loan may have given me a new "pie" slice in the "type of product or service" category, as well as new country of lending.
Very nice!
I do hope some of the other Nerdfighters will join me for this loan!
Even if they don't, I'm thrilled to know my $25 was tripled to help these women in their goal of helping their community.
What a good deed for ending this month!
(smile!)

2 comments:

Kiva said...

https://www.kiva.org/funded/2431572?minimal=true&utm_source=Iterable&utm_source=triggered&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order_confirmation&utm_campaign=no-promo_order-confirmation_05.06.21_registered-user_na_MPV1

Rosa Mistica Group

This loan is fully funded!

100% funded

$0 to go

100% funded

faustina said...

Wow...
the Rosa Mistica group has already paid back their loan!!!
All of it!!!
I am so proud of them.

Yes, this is why I keep funding others on Kiva.