Sunday, December 4, 2022

because tinkerbell asked

Well she did!

Of course, it was Helen Downing standing in for her, but I still recognized the fairy.

That was the same October day Rabbi Haas came in his Darth Vader gear and had a Light saber battle with Reverend Billy dressed as Luke Skywalker.

Good times!

Still, I didn't respond to Tink's request until the postcard arrived.

"I have found that among its other benefits giving liberates the soul of the giver."

So very true!

That's why I have chosen to give Asbury Memorial Church the same monies as I did this year: $10, weekly.

I know that ten dollars a week may not sound like a lot, but over the course of a year, that sum is almost twice what I give as a Hope Builder to Habitat For Humanity.

Both charities are dear to me and count towards the 10% of my income that goes out into the world for benefiting communities near and far.

(smile!)

No comments: