Tuesday, December 20, 2022

racking up points to help the elderly


I had never seen this particularly way to redeem the points earned for playing games.
AARP.org has mahjongg, which I have enjoyed for many years after first being exposed to it in the Navy.
I'd gone to the site to watch a movie I'd missed and then stayed for a while to increase my points, as I haven't done that this month.
Answering surveys and watching instructional videos is fun, too!
Before I knew it, I'd hit 7500 points earned - and found that to be the maximum they allow per day.
Okay, time to leave, I'd thought.
Then this screen had popped up.
Chevrolet had a promotion that would let me turn 4000 points into a five-dollar contribution to help others, via the AARP Foundation.
Sure, I would do that!
I had over 28,000 points at the time.
How much would they let me exchange for that worthy cause?
Well, just the one-time donation of 4000 points.
Done!
How quick and easy was that?
So, everyone out there in the ether who also racks up points on the AARP website, please consider being part of this fundraiser. 
Thanks!

2 comments:

faustina said...

Okay, I just tried to donate 4000 points today to the cause...
and was rebuffed, albeit gently.

Only once a month can that form of giving be used.

Good thing January is so close!

faustina said...

Yeah, that didn't happen in January.

Looks like it was just a December thing!

Glad I was able to do it then.