Wednesday, December 14, 2022

in honor of Mama for her bday85

Kiva has been after me for almost a month to re-lend, re-lend!
(smile)
My intention had been to do so last Saturday.
That would have been Mama's 85th birthday, had she not stopped aging at 63.
So, I've been celebrating her birthday without her for the past 22 years.
(sigh)
Today, I finally relented and went in search of someone she would have supported.
I found Anila almost instantly.
It was almost as if I had been taken by the hand and led straight to her.
Even better, she is the ONLY borrower on Kiva with her name.
Seriously.
The name is what first drew me to her, but it was her face and style that made me stay.
She looked so much like my mother had when I was a teen.
 
After making the loan, I alerted my fellow Nerdfighters to join me in supporting her.
This is the very first time I've ever done that.
I've been a member of that team since 2012.
Here, I make the same plea as I did on Kiva to my teammates.
 
"Faustina Dec 14, 2022 - 7:14 pm PST
Joined Aug 22, 2012
Anila of Albania is trying to open a fruit and vegetable stand to help support her family. 
She caught my eye for two reasons.
1) She bears a strong resemblance to my Mother, who died in 2001
2) She is a cook with healthy products.
I hope you will join me in supporting her goal.
www.kiva.org/lend/2476174
Thanks!
"
 
For those who might want to let Kiva know that I was the one who made the referral, please use the link below.
 
 
I wish her much success in establishing her fruit and vegetable stand to help support her two children.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Anila has totally repaid her loan!
Good for her!
I wish her much continued success!