Thursday, November 3, 2011

allegheny creek



When you go to the kickstarter page, the tagline tells you right away that this is a serious piece. A man, newly released from prison, is trying to start over with his estranged family.
Why he went to prison is not the focus.
He performed a crime, did his time, and is trying to be a better man.
This story is from the perspective of the mother of his son. Written by, and starring, Sashia Dumont, and directed by Paul Robinson, Sen3Productions is clearly a family affair. I expect the finished film to have a story with a lot of heart, a lot of hope, and a large dose of reality.
I seem to be finding these prison projects quite a bit lately... or maybe they are finding me. This makes the third one I've backed in as many weeks. (You can see here and here.)
I look forward to seeing the film, though I'll have to wait for the postman to deliver.
I'm sure these folks in New York will.
It was a close call on the funding, but my last-minute $50 has done its job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sen3Productions
7:38 pm, Dec 26, 2011

Just wanted to show you the teaser to the short you helped fund, thanks again!

http://alleghenycreek.com/

Sashia & Paul
www.sen3productions.com