Friday, November 11, 2011

life and death on an answering machine


What an ingenious idea! Another great-sounding (all puns intended!) kickstarter project from Athens, Georgia, "Arkadelphia" tells the story of life and death - through the messages left on an answering machine. Pretty nifty, right?
I certainly think so!
Here's the opening set up: Two hoodlums are in an apartment, in the same room where two dead bodies lie on the floor and a red telephone/answering machine sits on a stand in the corner. Then the camera rolls, in real time, as the messages start coming in for Jay, who may or may not be one of the dead bodies now drawing flies.
Cool, right?!
Stephen Sandlin, part of Film Crew UGA, is onto something big, I do believe, and so I've put up some big money where my mouth is. Enough so that I will be named a Producer of the finished film!!!
Oh, and I'll get the T-shirt and, of course, my special copy of the dvd.
And I'll be a PRODUCER!!!
I'm so excited about this funding opportunity!

1 comment:

faustina said...

fliss on 11 Nov 2011

Sadly, my dream of being a producer will have to await another project. At day's end, which was also the last day to make goal, the team from the university failed to score.
Drats.