Tuesday, October 23, 2012

hey baby, hey baby, HEY!


Trick or treat!
When I arrived home yesterday, this was waiting in my mailbox.
Woohoo!
I was thrilled when I had the opportunity to view "Gypped" on the big screen at the Trustees Theatre on 30 May of this year, when it was screened for the student showcase. Now, I have my own copy and can enjoy it whenever I want.
What a treat!
Nice to see my name in the credits, too.
Trick or treat is also descriptive of the storyline.
This tale of a young man who relentlessly pursues the wrong girl -
and irks the wrong gypsy -
is quite humorous when the tables are turned and he becomes the object of pursuit.
I think Jesse Newman Lindorf has a bright future - looking to the other side of the box is always an exercise in empathy and certainly makes the world a better, less biased, place for all of us.
As you may recall, this was a local film project from my October 2011 funding spree.
But first, let me remind you why I began funding these projects.
My mother was an artist at heart. Her outlet for creativity lay in sewing and handcrafts and cake decorating. She was never able to practice art as a career.
After my stepdad's recent death, I received some funds from my mother's estate. It was free money: I didn't earn it, it was simply given to me.
That meant I had the option of spending it however I wanted.
Again, it was free money.
I opted to share it with artists. I had recently been introduced to the world of kickstarter through a friend's project and, when I suddenly found myself with funds to invest, I chose kickstarter as the search engine for my investments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6 April 2012:


I wanted to update you that the film should be completed by the end of the month! As promised, Zach and I would like to thank you for your generosity by sending you a Gypped movie poster, a DVD of the film, and your name in the credits. Please let me know how you would like your name to appear in the credits. Thanks again for your support!

Sincerely,
Jesse Newman Lindorf