Tuesday, October 21, 2014

hand-made christmas ornaments


My very first project in kickstarter's new "Crafts" category is one which is in memory of my stepdad.
He was a whittler, too.
He gave me one of his "ball in a cage" pieces as a Christmas ornament one year, long ago. It was fashioned from plain, unfinished wood and is a cherished possession.
Dan Hunter paints his Christmas ornaments in the bright colors of the holiday. Like my stepdad, he's Georgia-born and raised. Dan lives in Texas, now.
The project is already funded. In fact, it's already hit its first stretch goal and is trying for the second stretch goal of $750.
That's part of the reason I added my thirty-three dollars to the pile.
I want to have one of those candy cane ornaments.
Candy cane, you say? The project only promises to deliver ornaments patterned after stockings and presents at that reward level!
True, that is how it originally was written.
But read this.

Update #1
Sep 16 2014
STAFF PICK!
Wow! This project was selected as a staff pick! Someone up there must sure love Christmas! In celebration of this, I have decided to release another ornament. This is a limited edition ornament, only five, that's right, FIVE, will ever be made. It will be the Christmas tree, but instead of green, it will be painted gold.
"But wait," you're thinking, "Why is this ornament so special?"
Well let me tell you. Not only will it be painted gold. It will have actual gold dust mixed into the paint! Now that's exciting! Jump on this soon, because these ornaments won't last long. I might even pledge one myself.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I felt the stretch goals needed something more, so I'm introducing a new ornament with a $750 stretch goal. If we hit $750, I will release "The Candy Cane." It may be creepy, but there is no better way to remember an old man sneaking into your room while you are sleeping and leaving a candy cane under your pillow than hanging this guy on your tree.

Thank you everyone for your support, and I look forward to celebrating the holidays with you!
Dan


Pretty sweet! I can almost taste that peppermint goodness now!

2 comments:

Dan Hunter said...

Update #4
Oct 27 2014
We Did It AGAIN!

In addition to the Mean Mug Santa, we have also hit the $750 stretch goal! You know what that means, Candy Cane ornaments!!! Check out the awesome candy cane that you may now pick from!
Keep spreading the word and we'll hopefully hit the Christmas Tree ornament!

Thank you everyone for your continued support,
Dan

Dan Hunter said...

Update #5
Nov 2 2014
Wow!

Wow! I wasn't sure we were going to make it to $1,000, but with some last minute backers we pushed over the edge. It is my privilege - no, my pleasure,to unveil the most amazing ornament you'll have on your Christmas tree...The only thing exceeding its beauty is its Christmas spirit...Chuck Norris actually owns four of these...The most interesting man in the world finds these interesting...THE CHRISTMAS TREE!