Wednesday, October 15, 2014

imagination is a superpower!


"A Cape!" has arrived!

I am so thrilled!

Today, "A Cape!" arrived in my mailbox!

Not literally a cape, of course.
Sure, there could have been a cape there, but I did not order one, so it would have been a huge surprise for me if a cape arrived at my house.

I knew this was coming, even though I had not personally ordered it.
Marty Kelley ordered it for me.


Well, not actually for me.

The book is for my nephew, Conner.
He's one of the most fearless boys I've ever met. He's never met a wall he couldn't climb, a tree that stood in his way, or any obstacle that truly was.
He starts the first grade next fall.
As I said before, when I saw this project on kickstarter, I immediately thought of this particular nephew and knew I had to support the author in honor of Conner.


Just look at that personalized autograph!

Conner is going to love it!

I think his big brother, Merritt, is going to be a little jealous.
That's okay.
I have another project's reward for him.



I haven't decided what I'll do with the poster.
Maybe I'll give that to Conner, too.
Maybe it will find a place on my Kickstarter Wall in my Ocean Room.
I still have a couple of months to decide on that.

But I am for sure keeping the bookmark!

Look at the sheer glee on his face!

What jubilation at being young and invincible!

I especially like this side, of course!
It echoes Einstein's thoughts on imagination being more important than knowledge.

But I also like the imagery.
The little boy leaps into the air, crashes down, and still flashes a 'thumbs up!" to signal that all is well.
Keep on trying, just keep on trying!

Great message.

No comments: