Thursday, May 10, 2012

sustainable love from hawaii


Using the vintage scarves which are her specialty,
the flowing beach blouse on the card
is one of the many designs by
Katrina Langford.
I am so fortunate to be counted as
one of the 133 supporters
of her kickstarter campaign to grow her business!
Today, in addition to the lovely card of thanks (ah... I can almost smell the salt air swirling the soft fabric!) and the stickers with the lovely clamshell-style design, I also received a versatile, three-way, garment bag! Not only is it made from green materials, it can be used as a traditional bag for hanging garments, or as an over the shoulder gym bag, or a pack-it-full-from-the-bottom duffel bag. Wow!
The fabric allows it to be folded, so it can be tucked into your luggage for travel. Then, when new clothes or other goods, like souvenirs for family and friends, are purchased on your trip, you have a safe place to keep them for the trip home.
The reason I am thinking of that is this: I am soon to travel to Italy! I intend to leave old clothing favorites there and bring new ones home... so maybe this garment bag will make the trip, too.
Or maybe I'll let it's first trip with me be a return to its island of origin. Yeah, I think that may be what I'll do! Now, to plan a trip to those Pacific isles!

2 comments:

faustina said...

fliss on May 10, 2012
(on the kickstarter project page)

Bravo! I think the suitbag is very nice and I appreciate the card, too!
Mahalo!

Faustina

Anonymous said...

Creator Katrina Langford on May 11, 2012

Thanks for the feedback Faustina! I'm happy to hear that you like it :)

Mahalo for all of your support,
Katrina