Wednesday, May 9, 2012

waddie welcome and nikki booker



When I arrived home today, awaiting me in the mailbox was my reward.
In January, I had thrown my bit of funds into backing a play by a young physically disabled woman in Ohio.
Her play was about a physically disabled Savannah, Georgia, man.
Pretty incredible coincidences at work there, wouldn't you agree?
Her play is to be performed this coming Saturday at Emery Theatre in Cincinnati.
I wish I could be there, but I leave the next day for a Study Abroad trip to Italy with the nursing students.
I had not been sure of the date her play was to be performed, but her Thank-you note, which was postmarked 4 May 2012, told me.

Dear Faustina,

Thank you so much for donating to my kickstarter project. I hope that you'll enjoy the play on May 12th.

Sincerely,
Nikki Booker


I wish her much continued success and thank her for bringing a bright light to the world.
Saying "thank you" is important, y'all.

No comments: