Tuesday, June 5, 2012

12:15 sunday safely landed


Woohoo!
I had received the above still back in March,
along with these others.
Filming had wrapped and
the creator of this kickstarter project wanted to share the good news.
Lookin' good, Taylor!
And here's the link to the trailer.
Then I was fortunate enough to actually watch the film on the silver screen. The Savannah College of Art And Design held the "16 x 9 Revealed" student showcase at the Trustees Theatre, on the two final days in May. Woohoo! Happy birthday to me!!!

The film was done beautifully. The transitions between the elderly veteran's narrative and the dramatic reenactments of the events on Sunday, January 20, 1945, were executed very well - bravo!
Apparently, I was not the only one impressed. When the 2012 SCADemy Awards were given, "12:15 Sunday" walked away with two of them! Best Documentary Film Undergraduate! Best Sound Design For An Undergraduate Film! Taylor, himself, was awarded as Best Director For An Undergraduate Film - making history at the school for being the first documentary director to win. Congratulations!
I am so very proud of the work done here. I am so grateful to have been able to contribute to something I believed in, a project which I could back in memory of my stepdad, Francis Ignacius Barry.
Thank you, Taylor Jenkins.

Speaking of such, here is the thank-you email I received from him:

June 3, 2012
Taylor Jenkins says:

Hello all!

This is the official Thank You email to all 12:15 Sunday Kickstarter supporters! We've finally seen this documentary through to the end! It's been a long journey with numerous challenges along the way, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else!

The film was completed just this last week, and screened at our local Senior Showcase as well as the SCAD Film and Television award ceremony. We were nominated for Best Sound Design, Best Documentary, and Best Director,...and 12:15 Sunday ended up winning each nomination! I'm humbled by how positively people are reacting to the film, so I can't wait to share it with everyone!

But it is only because of the support and contributions of everyone here that brought this film to life. So I now extend my thanks, and wish I could fully express how deeply grateful I truly am. I've loved people checking in with the project to see its progress and anticipating the film's completion. Well the wait is now over.

I will be uploading the film to a private online viewing website very soon! I'll notify everyone once the film is uploaded online for viewing!

The next step in the film's journey is sending it around to festivals for potential screenings! I feel confident for its future!

Again, thank you everyone so very much for making this film possible! And thank you for bringing John's story to life.

Sincerely,

Taylor Jenkins


Nice!
Tonight, he sent the link for the full-length film to me!
Sadly, I cannot share it here.
It's only for me and twelve other supporters of the project!
But, if you ask, I will gladly let you watch it with me. Gladly!

No comments: