Friday, June 1, 2012

birth


Today, I received an update on this kickstarter project. Art takes a bit longer than artists tend to estimate for its completion. Especially when you are composing a film using 6000+ individual paintings. Definitely.
Erica Farrel has quite a dream baby with "Samsara"! So her original estimate of a nine-month "due date" may well be off. Then again, first human babies are usually not on time, either.
Here is her message to me and the other 36 backers:

Update #6 - For backers only
Jun 1, 2012
Update on Samsara

Hi guys,

Its been a while since i have updated the project. I have been working long and hard on Samsara for the last 5 months, and it's looking beautiful. In fact i have been a little obsessive and have redone the entire beginning half of the animation and it has set me back quite a bit. Due to other travel reasons as well i will be postponing the project deadline and prizes (since they all include the DVD) until Dec 2013. Your donations have helped me so much and have encouraged me to intensify the project, by length and quality. I hope everyone understands and again thanks for all your help!

Best, Erica Farrel


Still, I will keep in mind that art takes time. That said, I will still hope to have a Christmas gift in 2013 of the completed work. That will be quite nice!
Actually, it would be two presents: one to watch on video and one to grace my wall.
I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

faustina said...

fliss on June 3, 2012

Very nice!!!! I am glad you have made such wonderful progress!

I look forward to the completed work!