Sunday, June 3, 2012

PINK is my guardian partridge


As one of the many rewards for backing her kickstarter project, Connie Noyes,
soon to be world-famous artist,
said she would send an autographed 4"x4" art print,
of my choice.
"Guardian Partridge"
was the one I selected,
with the colorful bird
perched on the feet of two different people.
Perhaps my selection process was colored by my taste for the grilled quail featured at a local all-hours diner. Quail, like partridges, are pretty little game fowl, n'est-ce pas?
I also have her autograph
on the catalogue for her PINK SPACE exhibit in Chicago.
I don't know
if I mentioned it or not,
but that exhibit features work
that is dear to my heart.
"Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"
has long been my mantra,
and she follows that call
with flying colors
- in shades of pink!
By "elevating the prestige of mundane materials," she literally turns trash into art, granting it a new life. She also sent me a snazzy placard for the new website. I just may turn that into a magnet for my fridge. I do like the hot pink fading to black above and below!
This is my favorite piece
from the PINK SPACE installation.
So many different textures!
Apparently,
for this art,
touching was encouraged!
With my predisposition
to running my fingers
along surfaces,
I would have had
a blast there!
My mother's admonition
to me
as a child to
"keep your hands in your pockets"
wouldn't have needed to be uttered.
Ah, to be in that Windy City for the show!
Meanwhile, let me close my eyes and see if I can feel the textures through the printed pages...

No comments: