Tuesday, January 10, 2012

assisted loving - complete!



Wow! This is the second time for such a fast turnaround, from dream to polished product!
Good work, Sam Queen!
Today, I received my reward for being one of his forty-three backers. (He may have set a record on kickstarter for surpassing his funding goal by 260%. Perhaps that is a reflection of the belief in his dream.)
I am so very pleased! And since Google allows Bloggers to attach photos to their posts, I can show you what a professional job the writer-director has done on the finished work. Very nice!
The film itself tells a beautiful story of love found, love lost, and love regained - for two residents of an assisted living home. Yeah!!! Not two PYT's, no sirreebob! That places the story heads above a lot of the so-called romances on the big screen. it's so very easy to have a love story between pretty young things, especially as they have the physical lust to drive it along. But, for folks of age and very faded looks, there has to be respect as the driving influence. These characters in this romance far outshine the glossy stereotypes in the mainstream flicks.
I am so very honored to have my name in the closing credits.
So very honored to be part of this venture.
Thanks, Sam, for providing the opportunity to me.

Oh, and before I forget, here's the link to his video for all to enjoy:
http://vimeo.com/35191718

And here is what he wrote in his note to me:
Faustina,
Enclosed is your Kickstarter reward for helping to fund my thesis film, Assisted Loving. I sincerely appreciate your generosity and hope that you enjoy the finished product! May the new year bring you many new adventures and buckets full of laughter!
Cheers,
Sam Queen


I do believe he is one of the most gracious folks I have not yet had the pleasure to meet.
Maybe I'll have the chance to rectify that omission one fine day.
Keep up the good work, Sam J. Queen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam Queen
Jan 26, 2012

Hello Everyone,

Thank you again to the moon and back for your generous support of my thesis film, Assisted Loving. Because of you, I am going to graduate!

And now-

*ahem*

Drumrollllllllllll........

I have the completed film to share with all of you wonderful people!

Follow this link to watch the movie online in HD http://vimeo.com/35191718 and if you would like to download your own copy so that you can have it on your laptop, phone, tablet, or any other digital viewing device (refrigerator anyone?), simply click the "Download this video" link just underneath the video on the right hand side of the window.

Please feel free to leave a comment on the video or shoot me an email to let me know what you think about the movie!

Thanks again to all of you for being AWESOME.

Sincerely,

Sam Queen
samjqueen@gmail.com

faustina said...

fliss
Feb 1, 2012

Awesome! I did so enjoy the film - it reminded me of my stepdad. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be part of your adventure!

Sam Queen said...

Sam J. Queen

Faustina, you are a beautiful soul for supporting the creative endeavors of others and for joining in the fun of being a human and sharing different perspectives of what that means with others.