Thursday, January 5, 2012

trek: a spoof musical


Yeah, you read that right. A musical. Oh, yeah!
About Star Trek. I can dig it, man!
I really can!
Written by Lauren Field and Gaetano Rodriguez in the spring and summer of last year, the play is ready for action and Accio Actors have the right stuff to do it!
So... why did they turn to kickstarter?
Well, they needed a place in which the musical could be brought to life.
That costs serious money.
A few props would be nice, too, and maybe sound equipment?
More money.
And seats for the audience...
Hold it! Those come with the venue!
Oh, yeah.
Okay, so money needed for props and mikes and the venue.
Check!
I've joined the party far after their funding goal was met and surpassed.
Surpassed by almost 33%!!!!
So I am not alone in wanting to be part of this, regardless of their not really needing my backing, regardless of their being in Florida, regardless of the distinct possibility - nay, probability - that I will never revel in the antics of this Starship Enterprise.
Regardless.
I still get the program to drool and dream over. I still get the soundtrack to sing along with. And I still get a prop for my hot little hand to hold.
You better believe I'm backing them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #1
Feb 9, 2012
REWARDS. THINGS. STUFF!

Hey everyone! You all should have received messages from me, but in case you didn't know: IT'S TIME FOR THE PRIZES. XD I'm very excited to announce that we'll be putting up the show within the next few weeks on YouTube at youtube.com/user/TREKmusical, and we want to make sure you all have your prizes for when you watch it! So, if you haven't read the message already, we need you to send us: Your Name Your Shipping Address and whether or not you still want your prizes/how you want them (i.e. whether you want them signed or which Accio you want a thank you from, and so on). Shoot us an email at AccioActors@Gmail.com and we'll get your prizes out ASAP. Make sure to email before February 12th--that's our cut-off date for the choices! Send us your address as soon as you possibly can, and we'll have it sent out to you within a week or two (especially if you want signed stuff). Thanks so much for your support, everyone, and we hope you enjoy it on YouTube, especially if you couldn't see it live. Thanks again, and, as always, live long and prosper! \\.//

faustina said...

Feb 2 to Feb 5, 2012, the show was LIVE!!!
here's the event link on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/150871928348753/?ref=5

I do wish I could have benn there!

Anonymous said...

12:09 AM, 27 Jan 2014
Accio Actors commented on a link you shared on facebook.
Accio Actors wrote: "Unfortunately due to disagreements with the writers of the show, it has been taken down and is now out of Accios hands and in the hands of the writer of the musical. We tried our hardest last year but it never was able to resolve. Our apologies and thank you so much for your past support."