Monday, January 2, 2012

the love shack bus stop



How incredible! In Athens, Georgia, there will be a public homage to the B-52's! That's close enough that I will be able to drive up there to visit it.
Awesome!
Dana Jo Cooley's bus stop design was the winner of the "You, Me, & the Bus Stop" competition in 2008. Modeled on the B-52's song of the same name, the bus stop will be physically located at the intersection of North Chase Street and Oneta Street. For anyone who will be trying to find it, the bus stop will be inside the Athens Perimeter Highway and southeast of the Athens Country Club. Hope that helps!
I hope to visit it in the near future. I've joined the campaign late (funding will close later today), but I still wanted to be part of the project. No worries of it being unsuccessful, as it is already overfunded by almost 20%, so my little sawbuck is doing little more than giving it a nod of approval.
Still, that is important. Important to me and to Ms. Cooley.
It's good to know another Georgia peach has your back!
And I'm looking forward to having that pretty little birch magnet for my fridge.
I really like magnets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #14 - For backers only

Jan 2, 2012
[thank you all so very much!]

{what a wonderful way to begin 2012 and to finish up the love shack bus stop! i am so grateful for all of your contributions. i will be getting with you all in the next few days with more information on the rewards, and i will continue to post pictures of the progress! again, thank you all so very much and happy 2012!}

xoxo....

{dana jo}

Anonymous said...

2 jan 2012
{faustina}
[thanks so much for your contribution to the love shack bus stop! i really appreciate it so very much! happy new year!!!
{dana jo}