Monday, March 19, 2012

hugs from distant neighbors



At last!
Actually, the music arrived last week, but I have only now been able to listen to it.
Another wonderful kickstarter success story, this one based in Tallahassee.
David Lareau & The Copperpots make very nice sounds together, just so you know.

Here's what I wrote on their facebook page today:
fliss on March 19, 2012
Wow... I received it late last week, but only now have had a listen. Actually, I've had it going nonstop since I started. Seriously good stuff, great lyrics, haunting melodies... how cool it would be to hear in person, though it just might make me cry.
BTW, the song list on the back isn't correct. the 4th track is "Black and Blue", the 5th is "Good From the Start". Just so you know.
My favorite two are "Rainy Days" and "Coastal Highway" - but I had a hard time choosing. All are so intense!
Thanks!


I need to check their schedule and see when I can hear this music live - and share it with my dear cousin, too!
If you're ever in that neighborhood, they may even give you a hug...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Lareau on March 20, 2012

Hey thanks so much!! It really means a lot. I'm happy to see people are enjoying it!!! Be sure to spread the word to your friends! Also check out the website!!!

I am aware of the song order. It's an inside joke that was meant for the first batch of CD's, only the others will be correct. So think of yours as a rarity ;)

Thanks again and stay in touch!

David Lareau
www.davidlareaumusic.com

faustina said...

update:

If you want to hear them live, check out this link form their appearance on television on December 13, 2013:

http://www.wtxl.com/news/sunrise-rocks-david-lareau-and-the-copperpots/article_79b3156a-63f6-11e3-a64d-001a4bcf6878.html