Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby One More Time!



Shaking Spears!!! Erika's goodies from her first-ever musical (first-ever play, too, I think) have landed on my doorstep, safe and sound.
Apparently, the musical was a great success in Hapesville, even winning over those inclined to disagree with its mash-up of Spears and 'Speare. It debuted on February 10, 2012, to raucous applause. Here's a review from a convert to its theme, posted on 29 Feburary. In it, the reviewer mentions having seen it twice - lucky duck!
I'm with Britney when I say "baby one more time"! Perhaps here in Savannah! I'm sure one of the theatrical groups here could bring it to life for us.
But I do have in hand my unique T-Shirt, which perhaps pays homage to yet another of the Bard's tragedies, "Antony and Cleopatra". I don't know why this play was selected, as it was not one of the four in the original project. But I do like the rich, dark purple - yum!
The Thank-you card from the writer is lemony orange, as you can see, and is autographed by three of the cast members (Lorrisa "Juliet" Julianus, Jackie "Ophelia" Lehnertz, and some indecipherable, manly, scrawl that may be David Lichty or Adam Krause or Craig Engel). Here's what the card says:
Dear Faustina,
Thank you so much for your pledge to Shaking Spears. With your help, we are sure to have the best Britney/Bard mashup to grace this particular stage on this particular weekend. (It's our first production. We aim low.)
Flip this card over for some love from the cast.
Erika Grotto
writer, director

The card was evidently written prior to the play's debut, but that's fine. I know she was a busy woman in February!
Now, to wait for all of them to hit it big so i can cash in on their autographs. I aim high!
(Smile!)

No comments: