Monday, March 19, 2012

true flappers never give up!


The third time is the charm, right?
Debbie Lannen doesn't give up. Her theatrical troupe, composed of seniors, want to put on the musical "Flappers!" - and by golly, she is going to keep at these kickstarter campaigns until it happens!
Good for her!
And good for the Spotlight "Still Got It" Players! Sporting actors aged fifty to eighty years old, this musical, in particular, seems especially appropriate. I don't know if they'll still be able to have a Red Garter band for the music, but I'm sure it will be a fabulous show. I just wish it were closer to me.
Hey! Maybe it will be so successful that they will take the show on the road!
A girl can dream...
So, in response to Ms. Lannen and her plea, and in memory of Mother Pat Landers, I am again casting my support into this venture.
This time, I'm pledging on the very first day, too.
Here's hoping my fifty-three buckaroos, one for each year I've been on this dear blue-green orb, will help make this dream reality. A musical full of life - what a birthday gift that will be for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #2
Mar 20 2012
We have reached our first goal!

Thank you everyone who helped us surpass our $200 goal. We have 18 days left so we can keep bringing in pledges. Every dollar will help us build scenery (our airplane is in the works) purchase feathers, beads, and sequins for our costumes, but most importantly, we are on our way to funding for live music for our show! Thank you and keep spreading the word.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Update #7
Apr 6 2012
New Video

Check out our sneak peek from our rehearsal for Flapper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTtpGTuFyQ

Thank you for spreading the word about our project. We have 3 days left. Keep it going :)

faustina said...

fliss on April 7, 2012

Great fun! Sure wish I lived in Michigan!

Faustina Smith

Anonymous said...

Creator Debbie DeCeco Lannen on April 7, 2012

Thanks for your support Faustina. Wish you could see our show! Your pledge means a lot to us!