Thursday, October 13, 2011

assisted loving



I think Sam Queen may be on to something here. He must have some beloved elderly folks in his world to dream up this story.
It's about taking a chance on love, even when you're elderly and in an assisted living environment. Knowing there is a risk of someone saying "no" and asking anyway. After all, no one ever died from being told "no", right?
As he describes the film, it has everything he likes in movies: "action, comedy, suspense, and romance." Coincidentally, those are also the things I like in movies!
I do enjoy backing these student shorts! They are not afraid to try any idea, and the more innovative, the better. That's the way I cook, too. Throw some odd items together and see how it turns out! Sometimes, it's a fabulous new dish to add to the repertoire; other times, it's best not repeated.
I look forward to seeing how this dish will taste.
Especially as my name will be in the credits!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #1
Oct 17, 2011
SUCCESS!!!

Thank you everyone for your incredible generosity!
Filming starts 2 weeks from this Friday so now is when we will be putting your money to good use in preparation for the production :)
You are the best!!!

Much love,

The entire Cast & Crew of Assisted Loving

faustina said...

fliss on October 17, 2011

I so look forward to the film and its loving message. So often, society regards love as a function only for the young, but love is for all ages. Love is the drug that makes life more than mere existence!

Anonymous said...

Update #2
Nov 29, 2011
Production, Editing, and Release!

Hello Everyone!

I hope this year's Thanksgiving was packed with great company and even better food :)
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I want to thank all of you once again for your incredible generosity in making Assisted Loving come to life. I am truly thankful for each and every one of you.
And speaking of Assisted Loving, it's about time I update you on the progress of the film! This morning at 8:00am I officially wrapped filming after getting the final shot of the movie. Everything except for this shot was filmed during a very exciting and successful shoot on the first weekend of November. Since then, my editor and I have been whittling away at the final cut of the movie and with the addition of the final shot we got this morning we will be finished editing by tonight!
This leaves us with just under 11 days to finish composing the score for the film, finalize the sound design, and color correct the movie. After that I have a tentatively scheduled grading screening during the week of December 12th where I will be reviewed by my professors, colleagues, and peers at the LMU School of FIlm and Television on the quality of my thesis film. That screening will officially mark the release of the movie and I will then begin putting together all of your incentive packages.
So once again, thank you to the moon and back for your generosity and I am very excited to share the finished film with you.

Cheers,

Sam Queen

Anonymous said...

Update #3
Jan 26, 2012
Assisted Loving is completed!

Thank you once again to all of my backers for your supreme generosity. I just sent all of you a message containing the link for the completed film and the soundtrack. If you didn't get it, please let me know!

Cheers,

Sam Queen
samjqueen@gmail.com