Friday, October 28, 2011

iSteadi camera gadget



What a nifty little piece of technology! Speaking of which, this is the second kickstarter project I've backed in the "technology" piece of the pie. I've added my Benjamin to the growing pile of folks who want this helpful item to hit the market.
Part of the reason I want it to do so is this: a side effect of the hypertension medication I take is a tremor in the left hand. It's a pretty mild side effect, as those go, but it can affect my photo-taking skills. This little device, and its adapter for my non-iPhone, would add steadiness - and focus - to my photography.
Christmas is the other reason I have backed this Southern-state project. You see, to reward my generosity and belief in their dream, I will receive two of these devices, and protective cases, right in time to be gifts for at least one of my nieces and nephews. (Maybe two, if I don't keep one of the mounts!)
I do wish them much success in meeting their goal.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Sadly, the bid to raise $50,000 to fund this project failed on November 8, 2011.
I hope some company out there will take notice and support this device in the future.
I will have to look elsewhere for Christmas gifts this year.