Monday, November 14, 2011

research. - a web series




Hi, I'm Faustina and I'm a science nerd.
Hi, Faustina.
I must admit, the reason I'm here is because of my addiction to "Sudden Death!"
Er... okay. But you realize this project is not a musical, right?
Yes. Sadly. But I have hopes that a song or two may spring into existence along the way.
Yeah, I get you. A girl can dream.
Damn Skippy.
Damn Skippy!
So, now that that is out of my system, why am I investing a goodly chunk of money into this West Coast kickstarter project?
Weren't you listening??? I already told you: I want, need, MUST HAVE that special edition dvd of "Sudden Death!"!!! Ever since the Savannah Film Festival brought it to town in 2010, I have been hooked, craving more, more, MORE!!!
Pardon me while I straighten my clothes... and regain composure....
(deep breath)
Now, Adam Hall, who I saw in the queestion-and-answer session after the film screened on Tuesday, November 2, 2010, at 9:30 AM in the Trustees Theatre, right here in Savannah, Georgia - whew! - well, he's opened the funding doors for this dream of a webseries, opened those doors wide open, so folks like me can stroll on in and make ourselves at home, like big ol' producers. Nice, right?
AND.. get this, the webseries is going to be about scientists doing research about everything you ever wanted to know anything about ever. Sounds like fun to me!
And I'll get that special edition dvd of "Sudden Death!"!!!
And mad producer credits on each episode!
And that special edition dvd of "Sudden Death!"!!!
Of course, that will only happen if the project hits its funding goal. Which is in two days. And they aren't quite there yet.
But they have to succeed, they just have to!
Or how will I ever see "Sudden Death!" again?
I'll only have the promotional postcard from the film festival, the postcard that has graced my office wall ever since I saw the film.
That would be so very sad, now that I know the dvd is within my grasp.
Let me see if I can get some other folks to help out!
Later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #4
Nov 14, 2011
We Made It! Still 3 hrs left to contribute or up your pledge!

WE MADE IT!! Research. is officially a go! But that doesn't mean the kickstarter's over... There's still 3 hours left to donate to your little heart's content. Our goal was the minimum we needed to make this thing a reality... every dollar received in the next 3 hours will go to making this thing even better!

We love you all so much!

Anonymous said...

Update #5
Dec 6, 2011
Research. State of the Union

HEEEEEY Research. backers! Thank you for your continued support! Just as a state of the union....

* We're looking at filming Research. in January or February, depending on actors' schedules
* We'll be adding cast throughout this month and next until filming. Stay tuned - you'll know as we do!
* Mildly Fearsome Films has a lot going on! Check out our Doritos commercial starring Doug Jones and Kahle McCann at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuPDR_BSyY , and keep up with the latest on "Sudden Death!" the movie hare http://www.suddendeaththemovie.com/Home.html . If you happen to be in Tokyo this month you can see us almost every day!

Thanks again everyone! We can't wait to have a great web series for you soon!!!

♥ the cast and crew of Research.

faustina said...

fliss on December 12, 2011

I can't wait, either! I've already started talking it up to my film aficionado friends and they are amazed!!! Yep, it's going to be a HAPPY new year!

Anonymous said...

12:28 AM, 27 Jan 2014:

Research. commented on a link you shared on facebook.
Research. wrote: "So awesome! Thanks for helping us make this thing happen... Hope we didn't let you down with the series and hope you enjoyed the musical episode especially! Thanks for posing both of these... It's so encouraging to hear how much ppl still love SD! as we continue to develop the feature!"

faustina said...

I just saw "Sudden Death!" again... how fabulous and fun!
How wonderful that I remembered so many of the song lyrics!
How thankful I am to have this at my fingertips!
Hallelujah!

faustina said...

Again, I had forgotten to post any details about the money I pledged and the rewards I received... tsk, tsk.
Hahahaha!
Here they are:

Pledge US$ 75 or more

A signed SPECIAL EDITION DVD of "Sudden Death!" We've never released this DVD to the public but we're happy to announce that we're releasing it for this special fundraising project. We will also include one of our film festival posters, a personal Thank you card and lots of love on all of our web presences. (Add $15 for international shipping.)
Estimated delivery Jan 2012

7 backers

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mildlyfearsomefilms/research-a-web-series