Wednesday, August 17, 2022

stamps to celebrate ocean life!

Have you heard the news?
It's all over the internet!
New stamps are out!
To bring more attention to our National Marine Sanctuaries, the US Post Office has a series of stamps to celebrate them...
and...
as Rod Stewart wrote and sang...
"Every Picture Tells A Story"!
There are sixteen stamps in all and I plan to use them on the set of cards I bought at an Ocean Film Festival years ago.
The cards, using the artwork of cartoonist Jim Toomey and his "Sherman's Lagoon" series, highlight fourteen of those refuges for ocean life.
At one time, I had three of the sets of cards, but I've sent them out to friends and family over the years and am down to my last batch.
What perfect timing that these stamps of the sanctuaries have come out!
Right place, right time!
I can't wait to match up each stamp with its corresponding National Marine Sanctuary for my outgoing correspondence!
I'll be sure to make sure my great-nieces and great-nephews, as well as my younger nephews and youngest niece, all know why they are getting them.
Not only do the cards and stamps represent the bodies of water they love...
as well as my love for them, too...
but they tell of history and travel and life outside their little towns!
Is your curiosity piqued?
Read all about the stamps' stories right here!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I finally found a site with the identities of the images on each stamp, plus the names of the photographers.
Nice!

https://www.foxweather.com/lifestyle/forever-stamps-2022-marine-sanctuary-system