Thursday, June 27, 2024

shoes to the purple planet

I'm not even sure when I bought these shoes.
Pretty nice-looking, aren't they?
But I didn't wear them because they weren't comfortable.
Things with closed heels tend to rub the back of my foot to a blister.
That's why almost all of my shoes are slip-on.
I tried wearing this pair that way, removing the laces to maximize the opening.
That didn't help.
So, I set the shoes aside.
Then came an email from the Purple Planet.
Hey, that's my pet name for Planet Fitness.
Everything there is purple, so why not?
Anyway, as I said, I got this message.
"Did you know the Environmental Protection Agency estimates 200- 300 million pairs of shoes are thrown away each year? Do you have any outgrown sneakers sitting in the back of your closet?
To keep sneakers out of landfills, reduce toxic chemicals in our air and soil, and raise money for Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Planet Fitness is hosting an ongoing drive in partnership with GotSneakers, an organization that reuses and recycles quality, pre-loved sneakers.
The shoes received by GotSneakers are recirculated as affordable secondhand footwear, upcycled, or recycled by converting the waste into new energy. Please note, any proceeds from shore recycling are donated to Boys & Girls Clubs of America!
We'll be collecting donations IN-CLUB until June 30th! Don't miss your chance to bring in your items!
"
 
That certainly sounds like a winner to me!
So, I put the laces back into the shoes, brushed them up nicely, and, when I left home to hit the treadmill at the PF on Victory Drive, the shoes came along.
I do hope someone will appreciate them more than I did.

1 comment:

faustina said...

https://gotsneakers.com/sneakerguidelines/