Wednesday, July 3, 2024

leather for peru

"I do so enjoy crafts with leather! I have a rocking chair with an embossed leather back and seat. I bought it by the side of the road in Panama in 1979, and it's still going strong!"

That's the comment I left on KIVA for Johnny of Peru.


He is a furniture builder and leather craftsman, as were his father and grandfather and several generations of his family and that of his friends.

He said, "My family is eternally grateful to all of you for these loans, which have allowed us to grow our workshop and stay prepared for periods of high demand. Our craft has been passed down from generation to generation through our family and neighbors, and we are thankful to be able to keep making a living from it. Thank you."

Thank you, Kiva, for adding another furniture maker to my portfolio.

Thank you, Sage Global, for matching the funds for this loan.

Thank You, God, for guiding me to this tribute for a friend's wife.

No comments: