I've been aware for a while that I've had some funds to re-lend at Kiva.
Usually I find a suitable recipient as a birthday gift for myself, too.
However, I finally jumped at all that tonight!
That's because Kiva will grant me another $20 for making a $25 loan.
Buy one, get one means I get to help two people's dreams come true!
I chose Siri, the member of the Benkadi group there in the middle.
Yes, she's the one holding the huge bowl of peanuts!
She's 50 years old, and has been farming for over 30 years.
I wouldn't say that Mama was a farmer, but she certainly enjoyed tending to her gardens for as long as I can recall.
I think that perhaps she guided by eye to this loan.
(smile!)
There are two reasons that I really liked it, though.
"Peanuts! Watermelons! Summertime foods that are favorites!"
That's the rationale I left in the comments section of her page.
And the other reason this loan makes me smile?
The country looks like a party dress that's been left on the floor!
Mali is a landlocked country in northwest Africa, with some lush green areas in the bodice, but also lots of desert there in the skirt portion.
I think that would be a fun dress for dancing!
What a sight it would be, twirling around to the music!
"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...!"
(smile!)


No comments:
Post a Comment